Why Buy From Us?
Save Time. Save Money. Save Trees.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins e-textbooks will help you to study smarter and quickly find the information you need.
They’re convenient to buy (and carry) and they save you money.
E–textbooks also save on resources, eliminating the need for much of the material and transportation that goes into manufacturing bound books.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins e-textbooks offer more than your ordinary e-book -- to find out what they can do for you, please scan through our top ten questions below.
Top Ten Questions about VitalSource Bookshelf and the VitalBook® Format
- 1) How are these e-books different from print books? Can both be used in the same course?
Yes! Books in the VitalBook format have the same content as print books plus interactive features that can help you study:
- Highlight and make notes in multiple colors
- Search for terms and topics in the book and across multiple books
- Share notes and highlights – with friends, classmates and even instructors
- Customize your view – change font size, layout and even colors
- 2) Can I work offline?
Yes – you download your books, so you can work anywhere you can take your computer.
- 3) Is it possible to print? How about copy /paste?
The ability to print, copy and paste is built in. To protect publishers, the number of pages that you can print or copy is limited, usually to two pages at one time. Note: when you copy/paste, the works cited annotation conveniently stays with it, handy for citing sources.
- 4) Can I have my books on two computers?
Yes – to make it convenient, your books can be used simultaneously on two computers at any given time.
- 5) What if I buy a new computer or my hard drive crashes?
Relax! Unlike losing a print book, if your computer is lost, broken or you upgrade, you can contact VitalSource to update your license and your books will be restored.
- 6) Do these books disappear at the end of the semester?
No, you can keep your books in your Bookshelf library to reference later.
- 7) Can I try it before I buy it?
Look for the 7-day trial book option on the main information page for the book.
- 8) How does the price compare?
It varies by publisher, but books in the VitalSource format sell for much less than a new print book — as much as 50% less.
- 9) What about tech support?
VitalSource help is available 24/7 by phone — call 800-610-5382, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10) Can I buy my books like I buy my music?
Yes! Find them online at our store: http://lww.vitalsource.com/. Some books even have the option to purchase individual chapters.
It’s quick and convenient – no lines, no waiting, no shipping! Click below and see for yourself…